I have to say that I never ate Korean food, but this is the way I imagined a Korean soup would be. As you will probably notice, almost all the vegetables used are white and the only color is granted by the seaweeds. Try this recipe if you ate seaweeds before and you want something different.
2 chopped onions
3 garlic cloves
a small piece of ginger root
a half black radish
a piece of parsnip
3 earth apples (Helianthus tuberosus)
a hand of rehydrated seaweeds
a hand of cooked white rice
5 cups water / chicken soup
salt and pepper
How It’s Made?
1. Cook onion, garlic and ginger root in vegetable oil. When softened add parsnip, black radish, earth apples and cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the water or the chicken soup.
3. When all the vegetables are tendered, add the seaweeds and wait 5 minutes.
4. Take the pan from the stove and add the cooked white rice.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve!